BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Our New Year

Here are 2 pictures from the dinner I just made for jon and I
and here is the nice presentation i made!so yesterday I went to the synagogue here to pick up a challah, and the woman asked me if someone called. but I had been out all morning, she said someone was calling to invite us to dinner! So when we got home, we called, and we went for dinner. They lived in a big beautiful house, and all their family was there. They were so nice and friendly to us. The husband is a lawyer, and good friends with the Dean of the law school here. By the way, jon is still not back at school! this is the third week. and no school tomorrow, so we could have been home for the holidays. oh well.
Today we went to the synagogue, we went for an hour. There is not a big jewish population here, so it was sad to see it so empty, there were many many empty rows.
yesterday I had my interview, It was a group one, me and 2 others. One lady had 15 years experience working with seniors. thats all!

3 comments:

jonsol said...

Jess prepared a lovely dinner for me. I was quite stuffed!

She also does a mean impersonation of a Shofar!

famille1999 said...

You are too cute! I'm happy that you got invited for dinner. Slowly but surely you'll find a new groove over there Jess! Take care! :)

Ash said...

Wow, so nice of that family to invite you like that! Hope you had a good new year, you have to tell me more about the traditions, because I'm afraid I'm a little ignorant about it.