BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 13, 2009

No work this weekend!

How wonderful to wake up today and not have to go to work! On the other hand, Jon did. But that is a good thing, he has been looking for a job since he finished school. He got a job as a camp counselor at a day camp here in Windsor, and they pay pretty well. He also has two law related volunteer jobs. So today he had to go for CPR training. Its kind of funny that he will be working at camp again, and another camp from the one where we met, and I went for 15 years. But a job is a job. And Jon is the best staff they will ever have.

The other night we went out for sushi, to a small restaurant downtown. (downtown is one street sort of. I always find it funny when people here refer to the area as downtown, because im comparing it to Montreal). Anyways, we arrive, and sitting there is my friend Eva and her boyfriend . She is my trainer at the gym, and my Michigan shopping partner. We ate outside together, it was so hot and sunny. In this picture, it looks like we can be sitting at the corner of Guy and Ste. Catherine, with high rise buildings and bumper to bumper traffic. In reality, you can walk across the street no problem, and count the people at the bar accross the street. Another busy night in downtown Windsor! Anyways, the sushi here is phenomenol, they have a roll called the dragon, and it actually looks like one, they make horns with red peppers, and the tail is a shrimp tempura hanging out. Picture doesnt do it justice.

Thursday night we had our first dinner guest, Jons friend David from school. We prepared very nicely, but I did not use my napkin rings. I also came to the conclusion that I need to have a bridal shower, because I had no nice serving pieces. I must first get engaged. :)
Here is a layout of my parents and I at a fabulous restaurant in Florida, where they have the best Chilean Seabass.
p.s. I am so very excited for the New Moon movie to come out. (Twilight sequel) More on that another day. Only problem is that is comes out on Jons birthday, and he has already told me numerous times that he has no interest! oh oh

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice layout Jess. The sushi looks so cute - almost good enough to eat. I'm looking forward to seeing downtown Windsor. The head count will be increased while we are there!!! The camp is lucky to get Jonathan as staff.

Unknown said...

Tell Jon you'll celebrate with him on his "other" birthday and that he should take you to New Moon when it comes out.

mike in motion said...

Hy kiddo...blog looks pretty slick! I'm happy to see downtown Windsor is still rockin!
hugs
Mike

rocklady said...

love the new look of your blog jess and your layout!

JulieS said...

Mmmm... food post... drooling here.
I love your Windsor/Mtl comparison. I'd take main street over downtown Mtl any day.
Love your layout too, great juicy Florida colors and perfect patterned paper.

Ash said...

I am so happy that you guys have found a ton of friends in Windsor! Looks like a nice place you went to eat. You could have fooled me about the area, it totally looks like there could be high-rises all around. PS I really like the new blog design!

famille1999 said...

Looks like you're having a great time in Windsor! Great looking LO too. Love the colors in there. =)