BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another strike and a Surprise

So today we found out that the LCBO (like SAQ) is going on strike. Add this to the 10 week strike that the whole city is on, crazy. I wanted to get some champagne for my birthday, so we went to pick up a few things. The place was packed! Everyone was there loading up carts, and the shelves were half empty!

Yesterday I made an appointment for a pedicure, I knew my mom was maybe going to get me a gift certificate for the spa here, and give it to me only when she comes next week. But I wanted my toes done for the dinner cruise Friday, and my birthday Saturday. So I went anyways, and when I got there, they said it was paid for, and a note saying happy birthday from mom and dad! What a nice surprise! Jon had let my mom know that I was going.
They had these very cool chairs, with the bubble bath attached. I never had one like that before.

5 comments:

JJ Sobey said...

I had my very first pedi last month month. It was awesome!

What a great surprise, eh?

rocklady said...

i've never had one, don't want anyone messing with my feet! :) what a nice surprise jess, don't you just love when that happens!

JulieS said...

How sweet of Jon to arrange that with your parents, what nice treat! Bummer about the LCBO, sure hope that doesn't last long. Your parents will have to bring booze when they come!

Ash said...

ooo... pedicure... sounds sweet!

That sucks about the LCBO. You'll really have to stock up for the summer!

Ruth said...

I've never had a pedicure either,I'm with Patti,nobody is going to touch my feet !!That's was a lovely surprise though,you have a great family.
The LCBO is on strike...Oh no,glad I stocked up a week ago when mum came(we use the one in Hawkesbury just over the Ontario border,it's got more choice than the SAQ !!!!)