BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, June 29, 2009

birthday pictures!

So my bithday has come and gone, every year I get say thats its over and have to wait so long again, but this time I have something to look forward to, my parents and my sister are coming to windsor on thursday! Im so excited, I saved my birthday cake to have when they are here.

Here are some many pictures of the last week. Wednesday night, there were fireworks on the detroit river, they were said to be the biggest in North America, I found that hard to believe. After seeing them, I decided they were the longest, but not the best in quality. The fireworks at Epcot in Disney are much better! I was shocked to see so many people there, who knew there were that many people in Windsor! Here is a picture of the ambassador bridge with boats in the water.This is a shot of the GM building, there is also a tunnel you can take to get to detroit instead of the bridge, when you come out to the border, the building is right there.

For my birthday one of my gifts from Jon was a dinner and dancing and fireworks cruise on the detroit river, called the detroit princess. We did this Friday night.
It was very nice, but really long, it went until 1am, because it had to travel to Wyandotte michigan for the fireworks. The fireworks were great though, much better than wednesday nights! Hee is a view of Windsor from across the river.
The boat had 4 decks, each with a dining room and band/DJ. Even a DJ outside.
The food was very good too, I had low expectations because it was a buffet, but it turned out quite nice. Since Im in Windsor, I have been to a few work events/conferences, where there is no food for a vegetarian. I am not one, but I do not eat pork and ham, which seems to be quite popular here. Im sure it is quite popular in montreal too, but living in the jewish community I did not see it like I so here, which is EVERYWHERE! So anyways, I was happy to see lots of food that I ate, then again, it was detroit, not windsor. people at my work really like ham! To me, party sandwhiches mean tuna and egg, to them it is ham. (they also think my dads name is pronounced 'Berry', but it is Barry. And they think I wear 'ponts', instead of pants.

Jon had the waitress put a candle in my cake!
Jon got me this great birthday balloon, love it. and wrapped my presents in very nice wrapping!
My sister got this really cool thing at her shower, and I had showed it to Jon, Its called chop to pot, its a cutting board that you then squeeze the handle and the sides come up, making it easy to dump the stuff into a pot, without spilling. Anyways, jon got it for me!
and here I am calling my mom and sister to tell them!
On Saturday, my birthday, we went to a place called metro beach metropark in michigan. There was a beach, and a pool. Jon was in charge of packing a picnic. He did all the work! got all my favorites, uncluding a salami sandwhich on an onion roll.
for dessert, a cheesecake with candle, and raspberries and whip cream!
And of course, it was also mimis birthday, here she is flying with mr frog on the balloon!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jess,
Loved reading about your bday. I don't see my comment that I wrote yesterday. The photos are great, but not as good as what I am going to see on Thursday!
XOX

mike in motion said...

Fantastic Birthday Party!
Really nice picnic!
Oh Great accents of Windsor!
Great cutting board!

Mike

JulieS said...

You are just too cute for words! You have a great guy there missy, he sure gave you the princess treatment.

Unknown said...

great photos jess, especialy like the bridge and building shots, so glad your guy made your birthday extra special! :)